Rod Stewart appeared in great spirits as he cheered alongside his son Alastair at the football on Wednesday night. The legendary musician, 81, who is a renowned Celtic fan, was joined by his 20-year-old son for the UEFA Champions League play-off first leg match between Celtic and Austrian team LASK at Celtic Park in Glasgow.And as Celtic took the score to 2-0 before half time, Rod looked over the moon as he rejoiced with the crowd. The singer looked to be in good health after he was forced to cancel the rest of his 2026 tour dates and take four weeks off to recover from ‘a routine coronary stent procedure’.It was confirmed last week that he underwent ‘a routine coronary stent procedure’, which is an operation that opens blocked heart arteries using a catheter. Rod was due to perform a number of dates in the US and Mexico for his One Last Time tour, including a six-night stretch at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Rod Stewart, 81, appeared in great spirits as he cheered alongside his son Alastair at a Celtic football match on Wednesday night after cancelling his tour following health problems The singer looked to be in good health after he was forced to cancel the rest of his 2026 tour dates and take four weeks off to recover from ‘a routine coronary stent procedure’Sharing the news on his Instagram account, his team confirmed that ‘following further medical evaluation, Sir Rod Stewart has successfully undergone a routine coronary stent procedure’.’Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities. ‘On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage. Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates.’Information regarding affected performances will be communicated by the respective promoters and venues.’ A comment by the Maggie May singer said: ‘I’m already feeling better and very much on the mend. I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me.’I’m deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon. Rod.’The rocker, who cancelled a string of gigs due to health setbacks earlier this year, pulled out of his August 9 gig at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati due to undergoing an ‘unforeseen but minor medical procedure’, organisers confirmed.Rod also sparked concern when he was forced to pull out of a concert in California in June, citing a respiratory infection that had spiralled into laryngitis. And as Celtic took the score to 2-0 before half time, Rod looked over the moon as he rejoiced with the crowd Rod, who is a renowned Celtic fan, was joined by his 20-year-old son for the UEFA Champions League play-off first leg match between Celtic and Austrian team LASKA week later, he paused his concert in Utah and used an oxygen tank on stage. This could have been due to the altitude. He also postponed his shows at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado in June, citing vocal rest. Rod later addressed the fan uproar around his decision to attend Scotland’s World Cup match, less than 24 hours after he cancelled his California show due to ill health. He was pictured cheering on the Tartan Army during their first World Cup match against Haiti in Boston, leading to huge backlash online.He said: ‘No, I got an awful… I really shouldn’t have gone to the Haiti game. You know, I had to cancel a show the night before because I just had no voice left.’Speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT, the hitmaker added: ‘But the truth is, Jim, I wasn’t going to let my two sons down.’I promised them since they were born that we were going to go to a World Cup. And this is the first one that’s come about. ‘And it wasn’t a good look, I admit, but I’m going to have to just take the stick. So I did it for the boys.’